All right. Decided that it’s time to get back onto this blogging thing. And NaNoWriMo is the perfect time to do that!
Thought I’d post my preparation process here…it’s not too late for people to get on board for NaNoWriMo this year!
My preparations for NaNoWriMo this year included:
- Made a list of book ideas I’ve had on the back burner for a while (and a few newer ones, too)
- Narrowed down the list to ones I thought would require too much research right now, and eliminated them from the list
- Created a timeline that included the key events for all the books in the series (“Nobody’s Girl” is number 1 in the series)
- Named the narrators and other key figures in the books
- Determined which books had to come first as to not spoil the other books for readers that read the series in order of writing
- Chose the book to begin writing tomorrow
- Created a rough outline for the book