This year, NaNoWriMo will be more challenging than ever for me. I will no longer be employed solely as a writer/non-profit worker setting my own schedule this year. So my process will be rather different this year. Especially as I am also moving out of the State in the first week of November. All the more reason to be more prepared than usual before November 1st hits this year.
In the midst of packing up my entire life, filming my first movie (as director/actress/singer), applying for jobs and many happenings in my personal life, NaNoWriMo preps will be challenging. So, I’m starting today.
My process this year:
- choose book to write this year
- research and choose character names
- research and choose location for story
- outline gist of book
- set a generic calendar for completion for NaNoWriMo writing
- prep work space for days leading up to move
- keep a work space prepped and clean for writing once I move
- get some scented candles, matches, etc. ready for writing times
- get a few more yummy tea flavors for writing sessions
- tell closest friends that I’m planing to do NaNoWriMo this year and get their encouragement
Well…here goes. Step 1. Best of everything to all the other NaNos this year as you prepare!