It is October. So you know what that means–NaNo Prep time!
This year, I’ve got a whole new experience awaiting me as I write for NaNoWriMo. Last year, I co-wrote a book with my then fiance. This year, we’re writing side-by-side, in the same apartment, as husband and wife!
I’ve written books with others around before. But I’ve never attempted this feat with someone so…distracting around before. Last year as we co-wrote, he was in Florida while I was in Chicago. And we only spoke for about an hour a day on the phone. Now, however, he’s merely feet away at any given moment (both the pro and the con of both working from home)…and terribly distracting to me in many ways.
So this month, a lot of my prep time for NaNoWriMo will actually be adapting to having a handsome, silly man around who wants to talk story, theology, music, writing, kittens, and movies all day long, during work breaks.
Today, my assignment is to create a check-list for the NaNoWriMo, including anything to assist in avoiding distraction by the hot husband.
- the best playlist ever for NaNoWriMo
- sound neutralizing headphones
- a closed door between handsome man and myself while writing
- fitness attire washed and ready to go (1 week’s worth at a time, folded and placed in bathroom, ready to put on immediately when I rise)
- store of amazing teas to sample and possibly blog about
- healthy snack foods, prepped twice weekly (celery sticks, carrot sticks, green peppers, etc. cut and stored)
- healthy meals prepped for reheat on stove (prepped once weekly)
- writing hour boundaries discussed and set with hubby
- research and source materials in place by October 31
- candles galore!
- lighting pre-planned for optimal writing times
- cat toys to throw at cat when she attempts to add her own distractions
- (working?) title
- novel set up on NaNoWriMo.org by Oct. 25
- list of blogs to write for October by October 5
- list of blogs to write for November by October 31
- plenty of cat treats for leash training cat on writing breaks
- 10 cozy additional mystery books read (unless I choose to go a different route than currently planned)
That should be more than enough to work on in the midst of my various gigs and big events this month.
NANOWRIMO IS COMING!
Awesome cat. 😀