Today I thought I would share 5 tools that I use for inspiration when I’m feeling a little blocked.
- Story Cubes–these little guys have images on them, and are shaped like dice. You toss them, and take the images from them to craft a tale.
- Pinterest–I go searching for the term “writing prompt” and discover ideas this way.
- Dictionary.com–I simply open the site and look for the word of the day (which should be at the top of the home screen). I use this word to write a scene.
- Flickr.com–Going to the front page for Flickr will bring up new photos I haven’t seen before. These images are the prompt–either a combination of 5 or 6 images, and a solo image can be the prompt for writing a piece.
- On this Day–there are many apps and sites out there that will give you a recap of the world’s history, based upon today’s calendar date. I can use any of these facts from the day’s “on this day” bit to prompt and write a short story or article.
What are some of the tools you use to induce creativity?